Wednesday, January 12, 2011

(Hides Face in SHAME)

I can't believe I showed you all three shots of my boobs in a lame attempt to get you to come back to my blog. How... tacky.

Let's see what's happening today. I got my wish. It snowed and the city looks beautiful, but I suspect it looks so lovely because I didn't have to leave the house today and have been curled up with books in my nightgown and slippers. Yes, I am drinking tea. Yes, a did a little needlework. And so yes, I am the most unsexy woman in the entire universe. (Later I am going to take a bath and read a book written in 1606. I rest my case).

Other news: I am going to be entering therapy next week in order to (hopefully) deal with my sleep issues. I am not optimistic, but then again these people did cure me of my fear of heights. The thing is, they cured my fear of heights by making me confront said fears over and over again. I don't see confronting sleep repeatedly as a viable strategy. Perhaps they'll just thump me over the head with blunt objects and yell "STAY DOWN."

Has anyone out there ever successfully gotten off seroquel? If you have, please, I beg you, comment and let me know how you did it. I need to know.

7 comments:

Avitable said...

You obviously just need to come up with some type of activity that will wear you out until you fall asleep easily.

Mr. Bingley said...

take a nice long hot bath, put on your jammies, pour yourself a glass of wine and sit in bed reading "The Faerie Queene."

You'll sleep.

Megan said...

Do you have trouble shutting your brain off at night? Have you tried coming up with a fantasy scenario (not necessarily sexual, just an ideal situation) you can go to when you get in bed to redirect your mind? This is something I've naturally done all of my life and I find if I start thinking about real life I have trouble sleeping.

Nina said...

Avitable - I've considered but must find sometimes to do besides jigsaw puzzles. Any ideas?

Nina said...

Mr. Bingley, I do love the Faerie Queene. It knocked me out until 11 today.

Nina said...

Megan (is, that you, Finn?) Been there. In fact it almost sometimes works. But it works better when it is somewhat psychosexual or something like that because it is so other worldly. Sleep therapy starts next week. Praying for a miracle.

Avitable said...

Many, many ideas. :)