Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Request for Advice

I started this blog a few years ago, and when I started, the blog had no purpose at all. AT. ALL.

Then it developed a purpose. It got me through the death of my father and all manner of other related crapulence. I have maintained the blog - though it had no clear purpose - and since those events (see: crapulence), I have tried to write.

I think we all agree that the better posts are in the archives.

The advice I request has not to do with whether I should keep blogging. I shall. Really. (Please don't look at me like that).

What I want to know is this: as I embark on the book project unrelated to this blog (but not without overlap)... can I, should I, shall I... write about the book?

And what is the book...?

It is a novel. It is not the Whole Story of Why I Sharpen My Knives.

It is just a story.

(In which perhaps one character will maintain a shocking collections of very sharp knives).

Can I blog about it... ?

13 comments:

Avitable said...

You could post excerpts. Or summaries. Or whole chapters if you want. I'd read it.

sybil law said...

I would definitely read it. I think it just comes down to what you are comfortable with, really.

Grumpy but sweet said...

of course you can! :)

ExtraO said...

I think yes.

Megan said...

I'm sure we'd all love to read it and even critique it if you wish.

Ryan said...

Yes. Snippets would be excellent.

Sandy said...

I think that (legally) you should check on whether posting a book or exerpt of a book on a blog is considered being published to a publisher. I assume that you will write a book with the end result of being published. Otherwise, why bother? Just have a blog! (heh)
Just something to think about. I'm not sure which side of the street this resides on but it's worth a look before you begin.
Happy Writing!
And
Happy New Year!
xo

Kate P said...

The librarian side of me says watch out for copyright, intellectual property, etc.

The desperate reader side of me says whatever you post, I will read!

LizLSB said...

I would read it. And it's your blog; you can do what you want. Keep writing!

Julie said...

Please do. I am desperate for Nina.

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie said...

Dooooo itttt!

Nice to see you writing again (wish I were doing as much), and I like the new look of the site. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

i didn\t understant you,try again.
edmondo.