Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm available

No. Not in that way. Stop looking at me like that.

As of eleven days ago, I no longer have a job. Oh wait, I do, but only until August. Then I will be most assuredly available (unless I want to move to North Carolina.) (Which I most assuredly do not.)

Everything but my wallet says I should not go there - that I should stay here and try to make my way, somehow. Any which way.

And y'all know what? I have no idea how to do that.

For starters, I don't think I want to teach anymore. I have been beyond burned out for a long time. People (almost everyone I know) say I should finish my doctorate. Ha! Those people think "getting my doctorate" is something as simple as running out for a jar of peanut butter. (IT"S TOTALLY NOT! IT'S A COMPLETE PAIN IN THE ASS!)

So what should Nina do? (She is open to suggestions.) (But maybe hold off on telling her to get her doctorate.)

10 comments:

sybil law said...

Follow your heart.
I know it's lame, but it's all I've got!!

Woodrow said...

Find you a sugar daddy and mooch.

Finn said...

Well, you've got until August, don't you? That's enough time to figure it out.

Do you want to write? Lord knows you're in a good place if you want to do that. And then there are book publishers and magazines. An embarassment of riches for one like me. But you may not be like me.

Money is not a good reason to leave someplace you want to be. Figure out what you really want to do and work toward it, even if you have to work at Starbucks for a while.

Or find a sugar daddy and mooch.

Claire said...

I'm the in middle of writing up my doctoral thesis....it's hell. Only do it if you know you will use it, or alternately, if you are really interested in it. Go do something you enjoy, bookshop, coffee shop, perhaps something not traditionally "academic". It's too easy to become institutionalised!

Jane Gassner said...

I'm probably not a good person to ask, seeing as I'm ABD and all. The people I know who made it past that point to the hood and the grand and glorious PhD all managed to make the diss a job, tiresome but necessary. If you can look at your diss as sort of the production line at Ford, I say 'go for it.' If you can't, bag it. Why would you want to finish anyway, if you're burnt out on teaching? What, then, is the point? Oh, I get it--the point is that people who have never been on that particular wheel called Graduate School think it's cool. And besides, what could be so hard--you're only reading stuff, ya know?!

Avitable said...

Want to live in my guestroom? I need a personal assistant. Clothing optional.

奇濛子情趣用品 said...

情趣商品,情趣精品,情趣用品,威而柔,吊帶襪,情人趣味,情趣,情色,色情,自慰套,情色遊戲,

SM,情人趣味用品,愛情,情人趣味用品液,一夜情,潤滑液,情色自拍,性愛,飛機杯,同志,

色遊戲,按摩棒,色情網站,性交,性行為,愛愛,跳蛋,性感睡衣,充氣娃娃,角色扮演,

做愛,作愛,網愛,視訊,性愛,G點,正妹,走光,自拍,露點,熟女,

夜店,汽車旅館,情人趣味用品轉,情人趣味用品娃,情人趣味用品轉珠,外遇,趣味用品,sex,無碼,GAY,

情人趣味用品珠

奇濛子情趣用品 said...

情人趣味用品店,情人趣味用品控制,情趣用品坊,情趣用品店,情趣用品網站,免費影片,高潮,網路購物,情去商品,

性感,情趣用品專賣店,情趣禮物,情人節,跳蛋情人趣味,跳蛋情人,跳蛋影片,跳蛋變頻,跳蛋調情,

按摩情人趣味,按摩器,按摩椅,按摩半套,按摩全套,按摩精油,吊帶襪影片,自衛方法,自衛棒,

自慰器專賣店,自衛器,自衛杯,自慰器,自慰杯,吊帶襪美女,自慰棒,潤滑情人趣味,潤滑油,

潤滑劑,潤滑液用品,充氣情人趣味,充氣玩具,角色情人趣味,角色扮演遊戲,角色扮演服裝,震動情人趣味,

震動保險套

奇濛子情趣用品 said...

震動器,逼真情人趣味,保險套,保險套情人趣味,性騷擾,性功能,性知識,性交易,

性冷感,性感帶,性感內衣,丁字褲,丁字褲情人趣味,C字褲,C字褲情人趣味,情趣用具,情趣按摩棒,

情趣網,情趣用性品,情趣性用品,情趣用品爽翻天,情趣爽翻天,情趣內衣,情趣椅,情趣貼圖,情趣睡衣,

情色小說,情人趣味千奈

edmondo said...

i think you need a good orgazma