Sunday, January 3, 2010

Are we getting anywhere?

Is this any better? I think it looks pretty awful, but I am used to the dark and storminess. Is the red doing anything for anyone?? The white background?

Also: I believe that novels, like all essays, should have thesis statements. My current working thesis:

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.


The quotation comes from the apocryphal Gospel of Thomas. If Jesus really said this, and I hope he did say it... uh, Jesus you are absolutely correct. If you don't give what you have, all that havingness will come back and bite you square in the ass. Destruction is certain.

Another note: thinking about writing the book has been fun because WOW have I done great work in the area of being angry and blaming others for everything. Since I take comedy any way I can get it, I have been getting lots and lots of laughs making notes for this book. Let me know if you want special tips in the area of blaming others or feeling viciously and sadistically persecuted. I have special skills in these areas.

I love you just because you are you, but also because you are beautiful, and I can't help myself (and because you show up here and read about my badness).

Love,

Nina

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Perpetua said...

I have a widescreen monitor, so there's a big yellow patch up in right corner, where your header stops. It was probably always there, but it didn't make itself known until you got rid of the black background. :(

Perpetua said...

Oh, and by way of introductions, I started reading you a long time ago, back at the beginning when you were talking more about your dissertation, or lack of it. I was thinking about my dissertation, too, so I think that's how I found your blog. I never commented because I was all lurky back then.

sybil law said...

You are bad, as in awesome bad, or phat bad, or whatever the current lingo is to describe an awesome person.
I should really wake up more before I try to comment.

Julie said...

I agree about the phat bad. You ARE awesome, lady. And very much loved. So there.

Thhhbbbbttttt.

Kate P said...

It looks pretty good on my dinky laptop monitor. And I finally noticed that you changed your subtitle.

The quote got me thinking about self-sacrifice, which more or less is the bottom line when it comes to love, from my perspective.

ByJane said...

Eh! Meh! And not so much! I like the white background because it's easier to read. I don't like the font, because it's boring or something. And what I really don't like is the header. What's up with that header?

Well, you asked....

Avitable said...

I don't come here for the pretty template, so it doesn't really matter to me. :)

Jennifer Griffin-Wiesner said...

You are not bad...you are a bad ass. Badassery is awesome.

nightfly said...

I think it looks good. Glad to see you posting. Happy New Year and all!

Maggie said...

I'm trying to remember where the exquisite "you are so beautiful I can't help myself" quote came from. Clearly I'm going to have to go back and re-read your archives!

xoxo, babe!

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked this. Show one's gratitude you looking for sharing. Positively worth my time.