Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why all the fuss?

OK so I finally got Google Analytics to work. It told me what I already knew, which is no one stops by here anymore, which means I need to start posting every day again - that even though (as discussed) the narrative arc has closed - there is more to say.I'll start with the obvious: what the hell is going on?

In August, after my last day of work, I made the decision to allow myself to be underemployed for a semester in the hopes of getting my mental and physical health back. From September through December, I have been doing just that, and you know what? It has been fucking great.

I feel so much better.

But now it's time to work, and though I am still teaching part time to keep a roof over my head, I need to do more work to make the financial part of my life function. Right now my choices are:

1) get a job in retail. I am thinking Bloomingdales, fitting gals for bras. I would be so good at that.

2) go to a temp agency and indicate that I am good at several office type skills and see if they can give me a job two days a week.

Please note: everyone thinks I should go with option 2 because it is far more professional. But I kind of want to help young ignorant women learn how to pick out a bra.

What say you?


PS another foot of snow to fall tonight. Yippee!




3 comments:

Megan said...

What would give you the most peace? I think I'd rather fit the bras than to try to get used to new workplaces all the time.

Avitable said...

Personally, I'm a fan of the idea of you fitting women with bras.

Catherine said...

Offices suck. Go be in a pretty store all day, helping ill-fitted women emerge from the Intimate Apparel Department feeling fabulous, glamorous, confident & comfortable.
Amen.