Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sin of the Week, 9/2/07

I lied.

Again.

The lie I told was to myself, standing in front of the mirror.

"Self?" I said.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Do we look fat in this dress?" Gazing at the mirror.

"Why, no. We look voluptuous and alluring. We measure VERY appropriately."

"Why, thank-you! Can we go out for many many drinks with our very thin friends, now?"

"Get thee to a brewery!" *

"Whheeeeee! Let's go"

And off we went. (And yes, I measure appropriately. Every single day.)



* I actually spent most of the weekend at my brother's house, discussing recent medical developments re: our dad. We're fucked, basically, but his doctors did throw us a scrap of a bone: he might get as much as a year, and we got confirmation that the idea of doing a bone marrow transplant is not off the table entirely. IF we do that we might get more.

No comments: