Yesterday's events included
1) a train ride
2) a trip to the barber shop
3) two Richard Scarry books
4) a good talk with my dad (who is fine)
5) intermittent shrieking
6) carrying a sleeping three year old to the basement
7) in a dark house
8) listening to AM radio on the generator
9) toasting marshmallows over tea lights
10) scotch with no ice (at least we think that's what it was)
Jesus just arrived at my apartment and he brought me a bottle of liquor and some cheese. He wants to talk about a cease fire and since I am sure he is bored and sweaty, sitting over the by my broken air conditioner in the 100 degree heat, I should probably break out some shot glasses and get to talking.
Does one negotiate terms in cases such as this? Or does a person like me just take what she is offered? I think it's the last one.
I'll tell the whole story tomorrow.