Saturday, July 14, 2007

I'm sorry... are you upside down? Am I upside down?

This weekend, Bibi, Sri, Lola, Tex and I are going to the Gunks. For those of you unaware, Gunks is short for Shawangunks - a series of cliffs and crags perfect for rock climbing.

Toothpaste For Dinner
toothpastefordinner.com



Seriously, I have no idea why I hike or rock scramble or rock climb. Do I enjoy it? Yes. But is it also very, very upsetting for my amygdala? YES.

With further adjective, some pics from our last rock climbing trip - NOT in the Gunks, but will still give you some idea of what my amygdala gets so excited about.

A few friends sitting on a cliff. Behind them is a drop off of about 1000 feet. Horray!




Here is one of the very very top of Bibi's head. Also, Rob is climbing there, in the background.




Take a look at the guy in the red shirt - the belayer. Then take a look, to the left, at the horizon line.



And just so you know what is behind him:



So this is how I will be spending the weekend. If I live (as I reasonably expect to) I'll post more pics (or maybe not, whatever) on Monday.

Thank you for reading. And have a great weekend.

No comments: