Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sin of weak

Me. Weak posts. Weak ideas. Weak quads. Weak abs.

Weak fantasies about crawling out to the prairie and living under a rock somewhere. Even the rusty trailer home seems like too much hassle.

If you want a smallish dose of Catholicness today, read this article in the Times. I was shocked, shocked I tell you, that the article actually mentions one of my ex-boyfriends by name. Yes, one of my ex-make-out friends is named in this article and I am shocked, I tell you, shocked, that in a former life I was the sort of person who would date this person - and that this person would find me spiritually or in any other way... attractive. (We are still friends. He thinks it's hilarious that we made it past date two, also).

I do not even know how to feel about that.

I know how to feel about other things, one of which is that my dad's leg amputation surgery seemed like it went well but is now not going very well. The stump is not healing, and we have no other cards to play.

But you know what else? We have been optionless before this - more than once.

So we wait. (I am going to think real hard rather than praying, since that approach seems to get better results for me. If you, on other hand, find yourself light on subject matter for intercessory praying (or thinking real hard) then please and thank you.

Love,
Nina

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Kate P said...

Your prairie idea reminds me of contemplating moving to a cave in the Midwest during hard times. AND changing my name. Trailers don't excite me, either.

That's interesting--one of the Catholic bloggers I read recently mentioned meeting Lino Rulli. I know she's been on his show a few times. I don't love Busted Halo but I do read some articles from time to time.

Still praying. Keep going on those stairs! :)

Anonymous said...

*grabbing the bottle of tequila*

"Dear God..."

Avitable said...

I'll think hard too. Until my brain hurts.

Megan said...

I'll keep doing what I've been doing. xo

Em said...

I'm thinking it might not be very comfortable living under a rock. :-)

Hey, that's too bad that your dad's not healing well, Nina. I won't pray or think hard (I'm not good at either of those things)... I'll just send some positive energy his way.

Have a good Monday.

Maggie said...

Give him time, and he will heal. You're right, he's surprised you before.

ellie said...

Been thinking about you and your dad every day, even if I don't tell you.

sybil law said...

Such hard thinking here for you and your dad!!!
That article was crazy.

Catherine said...

Still here, thinking hard, drink currently in hand, copious amounts of good energy your way.

nightfly said...

I am praying for your dad, and rebuking the spammers.

Praying for you too, dear.