Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Day in Pictures

Merry and I met for coffee in Union Square today. We were just about to order the coffee when we realized we were around the corner from Max Brenner, a chocolate shop/lunch place we both like a lot. And the idea of hot chocolate with schnapps in it was oddly appealing. So off we went.

On the way, we crossed Union Square and discovered that in the middle of the square, the ground was six inches deep in goose down.




Intrigued, we walked a bit deeper into the fuzz. In the middle of it, we found a swarm of about 50 people engaged in a violent, yet joyful pillow fight:





And then walked through even more fuzz:



*sigh*

And then we ate chocolate:



And then we climbed the escalator in what passes for a mall in Manhattan, so we could take these pictures of discarded pictures on the roof of the train station:




So there you have it. No bus rides, no limping, no disorderedness - not much of anything, really, except a bunch of people beating each other about the head with pillows. Oh and there was chocolate and a cheese plate and I tried on a pair of shoes later. Oh and I had popcorn for dinner. Oh and did I say thank you yet? Thank you for not walking out on me for being absolutely terrifying? Thanks. It means a lot to me.

Hope y'all had a good day.

10 comments:

UrbanHippieMama said...

a pillow fight?! that is so great!

i have missed you, and feel like i must've missed something here. will have to go back and catch up. i hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

A flash mob? Isn't that so 2006?

I don't know about anyone else but I've never considered going anywhere. I like it here.

Julie said...

That's too funny. And I'm glad you had popcorn for dinner. I'll consider that you did that for me, since I haven't been able to do that since the Man-Unit and I hooked up.

Anonymous said...

wow Nina, i just read your last three posts, but this one made me smile. Hang in there woman. :) Happy Holiday

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there. You know, so my feet could be in your photo. But I wouldn't stalk you over to the hot chocolate place or anything weird like that.

Jennifer Griffin-Wiesner said...

It's important to have Days Like This. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day. The pillow fight sounds great! I am sorry I missed it.

Mrs. Who said...

Honey, if I haven't walked out on my husband with his own journey through mood swings and insomnia and battle to find the right meds that work, I'm not going to walk out on a blog exploring the same stuff.

Besides, I'm hoping to be invited to one of those pillow fights!

Em said...

That pillow fight looks like so much fun!

Sizzle said...

I was just reading about the pillow fight they had here in Seattle. So fun!