Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yesterday's pictures

Yesterday as I left for class, I discovered that my neighborhood was on lock down. Crowds gathered on the overpass to watch the Pope Benedict arrive at the UN:



These festivities nearly made me late for work. For one thing I had to take pictures of the security preparations:







Then I did my stuff and went to the gym:





That last picture is not me... but it is one of my best friends. We were out with the two guys in the picture until well after midnight, which is why I didn't post yesterday. I hope you can forgive me.

Love,
Nina

8 comments:

Julie said...

I was asleep by 9:30, so I am quite jealous of you.

Whatever, I'm often jealous of you.

EmmaL said...

I stayed up until 1 last night, which I never do, and now I feel like crap. I can't stay up like that anymore. I feel hungover even without drinking.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of you too. All the fucking time.

Dagny said...

forgiven.

And cool pics. Thanks.

xoxo

LizLSB said...

Hanging out with guys until after midnite. I have forgotten what that feels like...but it's all good! Great pictures.

M@ said...

Sounds like you had a good time.

utenzi said...

My forearm is sore from shutting a sticky window. How in 'ell can you and your friends hang upside down like that using just your toes and fingers, Nina? I'd just drop like a stone. *sigh*

Avitable said...

Ooh, taking pictures of the security preparations - you're clearly a threat to national security.