Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Panic Hire U Strikes again

I just agreed to do something that I would never, ever do again. Ever.

I agreed to teach an 8:15am class all the way across town for the people whose paperwork is so sloppy that they can barely manage to pay me until half way through the semester. Why oh why did I do this?

This is a personal failing I have had since I was old enough to get my work permit. I just can't turn down work. It is the grossest. But what can I do? Someone offers me work, I need the money, I take it.

The bright side, of course, is I'll have work and work means money.

The other bright side is that I am finally off my butt and doing laundry and working and gearing up for a new semester. The sulk is over. Back to work.

11 comments:

Maggie said...

I never thought I'd be happy to hear that you're working for Panic Hire U. But I am, because you're doing what you really need to do right now.

Tell us more about this house you'll be living in soon.

sybil law said...

I tend to do that, too.
You're getting better!
I want to hear about the house, too!

Kate P said...

Wait--there's an 8:15 class? Do people actually show up for it? (Wait, I'm one of those people who *would* show up for it!)

Here's to the new semester!

Avitable said...

If you have a problem turning down work, I hope you don't feel obligated to do my work even if you don't have time for it! It's okay if that's the case!

nicole antoinette said...

Good luck with the new semester!!

Megan said...

I have trouble turning down work too, but I'm learning. For my sanity.

I'm glad you're doing a bit better.

Anonymous said...

I have, in the past had the same problem, it is called fear. I think I am over it :-). But you have to do whatever you feel you must. I am happy you are at least out and about :-).

Lisa said...

I do the same thing. I wish someone would offer me a job...I'd take it in a heartbeat.

You won't get paid until halfway through the semester???

Ki said...

Cheers! Hope it doesn't bite too bad.

Vanessa said...

Good luck with the new job, Nina!

Anonymous said...

This is why the Good Lord made coffee. Cheers to you, up and at 'em!