Friday, August 8, 2008

The Plan

Being reduced to a beggin' ass bitch, as I am, here is the plan:

1) I borrow money from my brother, enough to cover rent and bills for the month. This is so humiliating I can't even describe what it feels like except to say that to have worked three jobs and found myself a beggin' ass bitch hurts my pride. And pride, though it's a sin, is something I am not afraid to cop to. (Get off my back about the ending of a sentence in a preposition. Geez. Pick on me for something else - like my pridefulness or my penury, ok)?

2) Move into my friend's parents' house down the road. They are getting on in years and they are moving to a house around the corner. They need someone to live in the house to keep the place in order, and they also need someone to help them sort out forty years of nick knacks. Given my background as a professional organizer, this is something I know how to do. The plan benefits them and it benefits me. I hate to give up my hole of a home, but the numbers dictate that I must. So I will.

3) Meanwhile I am going to work three jobs, again, to pay down all the misery debt I racked up.

4) After a year, I'll come up with some other plan.

This plan is all tentative, of course. I still have to iron out the details with my friend's parents, but the operating plan is that starting sometime in October, I'll be living in a big old house, trying to make sense of other people's past - and working out for myself some kind of future.

5 comments:

Avitable said...

I'm sure if you set up a small Paypal donation button, some of your fans might throw in a few dollars to make life easier.

Megan said...

Sounds like a good plan. You'll get back on your feet. And who knows, some wonderful opportunity may come along.

P.S. - It's perfectly acceptable in English to end an sentence in a preposition. That is a myth. I swear.

P said...

Aight. I think that sounds do-able. It's always comforting to have a plan, even if you revise it as you go along. And I think it might be incredibly therapeutic to sift through someone else's life while you're sifting through your own. xoxo.

Kate P said...

October sounds good and it'll be here before you know it. Not to sound like a nut but October is one of the months dedicated to Mary, so I guess I'll keep up the rosary for your intentions!

sybil law said...

You know what? i think it's a good plan, actually.
xoxo