Oh, look! I am doing another meme!
Bred tagged me to do this one:
Seven Weird Things about me:
1) I floss my teeth in the shower. I don't know why I do it this way, but I always have and I am rather ashamed of it. What kind of eco-warrior lets two gallons of water spin down the drain while she flosses her teeth? Bah. Not good. Not good at all.
2) I have one kidney. OK, one and a walnut sized blip of a second. It's a long story but the short version is that I was born with something wrong with my kidneys and almost died repeatedly until I was about three, when they medical community managed to fix it. But not before removing most of one kidney.
3) Three things I don't like that everyone else does: dogs, bananas, and naps. One, dogs pee in your house. If you keep them outside, the pee in your yard. They are also as needy as babies but can't grow up and appreciate you. (I have nothing good to say about dogs). Regarding bananas, ew. Gross sticky sweet ew. Regarding naps, if I take one, I wake up disoriented and screwy and I don't know what day it is. My body knows one kind of nap. The eight hour kind called nighttime. That is all.
4) If I drink a can of beer, soda, whatever, I always rip the tab off. I don't know why, but I must do it. I must. It's kind of OCD, I know.
5) I do not eat bacon. It is not a political statement. I do not like it.
6) I used to work for a Big Fancy Bank and my job was to underwrite non-conforming loans of every variety. Need a $50,000 loan secured by a tract of swamp land, a ball of rubber bands, and a tricycle? That was my job - to make "relationship" loans. (Please note: I am now a teacher, ie, I am no longer rolling around on the floor with the devil. At least I don't think so. Wait.... I.... oh shit).
7) We lived in Europe when I was a little kid. My dad had a friend in Holland and since the two of them did the same job for two different companies, they got the OK from their bosses to trade jobs, houses, and lives for a year. We lived in Eindhoven and then moved around a bit before returning to the U.S. A few grainy pictures I unearthed from those times:
A sea of tulips:
A lane of windmills:
My brother Buzz and I walking to Berg Eltz in Germany:
And finally, Berg Eltz:
Tagged herewith: Em, e!, Supajewie, Avitable (reverse tagged for previous meme he already completed or tagged for this one if he wants to do it but I think the seven photos of seven body parts post is adequate preemptive response to this tagging. So. Also, y'all should know Avitable is making an ENORMOUS fuss over his birthday. Go see him and guess his parts or otherwise give him attention).
Just so you know, since I am NOT making an enormous fuss, tomorrow is my 38th birthday.
Also, if you are not tagged in this post or the previous one and you wish you were, please consider yourself tagged. It's hard to say who wants tagging and who doesn't. So I leave it to you.