Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Even Weirder

Tagged again, this time by Bee, to list the seven most famous or infamous people I have ever met or to do the ubiquitous seven strange things about me post.

Happily, there are more weird things about me to share.

1) I do not own a single tube of lipstick. Gloss, yes. Stain, yes. Stick, no.

2) I categorically reject thong underwear. Whose idea was that? I'd rather not wear underwear than have to wear a thong. And yes, it is possible to find underwear that doesn't create lines. Please stop looking at my ass.

3) I used to be a telemarketer. (I was in graduate school and really poor. Don't judge me).

4) I have twenty bottles of nail-polish. Why is this weird? Because I don't wear nail-polish.

5) I am rarely late or early for anything. I am on time.

6) I have never read a single word of the Potter books.

7) I can't sleep unless I take my earrings out.

Tagged herewith:

Maggie, LAS, Liz, Lotus, Jen,and Cajunvegan.

P, you are also tagged if you want to be tagged but not if you don't. Ditto Woodrow.

(This presupposes that the above listed taggees don't have a choice, which they certainly do).

Oh yes and the "rules" state that if you are tagged you should tag more people and leave comments on their blogs telling them they are tagged.

Etc.

Tomorrow, I will tell the story of Grip. Until then, have a lovely Tuesday.

13 comments:

Megan said...

I have to take my earrings out, too.

I love the nailpolish thing; what's up with that?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I needed some inspiration today, but now I have to choose between the famous/infamous or weird things.

I, too, cannot sleep with my earrings in my ears.

Liz said...

I'm not the Liz who was tagged, but I think I'll do it anyway.

Em said...

Oh I can't wait to hear about Grip!

1. I'm not a big fan of lipstick either, although I do own some. I'm addicted to lip balm though and find that Smackers Dr.Pepper lip balm gives my lips a nice subtle splash of color.

2. I don't mind thong underwear but you are right there are plenty of undies out there with more coverage that do not create lines.

3. I was a telemarketer for one hour. Not the job for me.

5. That is a very good skill to have.

6. You should. I've only read the first one but it's good.

7. I don't sleep with any jewelry on. Drives me crazy.

I have no idea why I felt the need to leave such a long comment, but there you go.

Anonymous said...

No thongs? I'll never visit here again :p

You know, I probably hung up on you when you were at your old job LOL

Benjamin Rubenstein said...

thanks for the complement. i'll be rooting for your friend.

EmmaL said...

Mission accomplished. Meme done.

Nick & Lizzy said...

You know, memes are kind of starting to GROW ON ME!! Loved reading yours--I'm with the earrings thing too. Definitely no jewelry to bed...

utenzi said...

Ha! I bet, at one time or another, you've managed to read every word that is included in the Harry Potter novels, Nina. Her vocabulary isn't all that odd.

Woodrow said...

All done, Dear.

Avitable said...

C'mon! I can totally see your panty lines.

Effortlessly Average said...

Yeah, I have to take my earrings out to sleep too. Only they aren't on my ears.

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Honey, I understand being a poor grad student. :-)

I've done the 7 thing meme a couple times now... so I'll add you to the "famous people" meme taggers list. I'm still trying to remember if I've met enough to even write it! Haha.